Thursday, June 21, 2007

We are on the countdown!


I can't wait!! 12 more days til we head south. Just the thought of no kids or work for a whole week is exciting. We had to wait but I tell you I'm glad we did. We will enjoy this trip much more than if we went right after the wedding. Things in our life were very crazy back then. Not that now is much better but it just seems calmer. It has been 15+ years since I've been down there. I'm sure lots of things have changed. Just from what I've seen while researching for hotels..St. Augustine has grown! One thing I'm not thrilled about is that you can no longer drive on my favorite beach :( Oh well no kids in tow so no toys to drag out to the beach!.. I think we can handle carrying our stuff. I have to make a list of things to get before we go.. sunscreen is on the top of said list!! I already have the beach bag done and ready to go.. didn't turn out as well as I hoped but I'm going to give a different pattern a try.

3 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Sue - After said weekend on my blog, I bought a gallon from mountain somthing----30 spf, waterproof. NOT forgetting that again. Have a blast! You're going to LOVE it!!!! I'll be thinking about how much fun you're having!

suzyknits said...

I can't wait. Have the sunscreen on the top of the list of stuff to get before we leave! I'm just glad they are night races! Heard the fireworks are awesome..have to wait and see.

SimplyMe said...

I forgot about the fireworks. Yep, they are awesome. When do you leave? I thought I'd "treat" dh to something other than the regular ole oversized t-shirt on the trip. Of course, we have kids with us, but what the heck. Cool trip, cool clothes. Nuff said. I'm not sure why I think I have to do 5 more squares, but I think it, so I must do it! LOL. Happy Packing!