Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall is here... altho you can't tell by the weather.

These are the hats I've made for the fall donation for Preemie Project in Michigan.
I was hoping to get more finished but as you can see in the next picture, I've been busy with another project.

This is the baby blanket and lace beanie hat I made for DH step daughter. This is a daughter that came along with his first wife. She had a baby girl today. Mom & baby are doing well, Daisha (sounds like day-sha, also not sure on exact spelling) arrived a couple weeks early and weighed in at 6 pounds 6 oz and 19 inches. I'm sure pictures will follow as soon - altho DH upset the ex by saying he wasn't technically a Grandpa. We havent' seen mom in almost 4 years to explain my DH attitude toward the whole thing. Babies are always a blessing no matter the circumstances. I just hope they like what I'm sending.
Tonight was open house at school for lil dude. We had fun. He enjoyed showing me his work and all of his papers around the classroom. He was also thrilled when he got the book he wanted from the book fair! He is disappointed about not being able to watch the Cubs playoff game as it starts after his bedtime. Thank god for DVR's. :) I told him I don't think daddy will make it to the end either. Go CUBS!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!
Coould you please tell me where you found the pattern for the candy corn hat and the pumpkin hat?
I also knit for hospitals.
THANKS!!!!

suzyknits said...

I got it thru one of my groups.. I just knitted them on smaller needles (Size 6) so they will fit a large preemie or full term baby. The pattern is good for all ages :)

http://www.skeinsandbeans.com/candycorn.pdf

Enjoy!

AndreaLea said...

Your candy corn hats are so cute!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I feel like a slacker. I wasn't able to make any pumpkin hats for TPP this year. Love all that you made. The candy corn hats are my favorite!