Friday, October 24, 2008

It's a BOY!

As I noted on Sara Smiles Blog - my sister is going to have a boy. I went to my local Hobby Lobby at lunch and was hoping to find the "perfect" yarn to start a baby project. Nothing thrilled me. I walked out disappointed. I'm also torn on just what to make her?!? You'd think having the chance to make something new for this unexpected bundle of Joy that is going to change the family I would have a clue. Nothing - zip - nada. Maybe it's because I'm distracted with moving next week. I will chalk it up to that. I think I may just put it on the back burner for now. Maybe after going shopping or finding out a bit more on what colors she plans to use for the nursery. I'm hoping that will get me going. I do know that the baby crocs pattern I got a few months ago will probably be first.. something quick I maybe able to whip up in time to go under the tree.

I remember mom getting presents for the baby (now my son Kyle) back when I was pregnant. My ex hubby thought it was weird.. I enjoyed it. So I will hope to do the same for yet un-named baby :) She only had girls names picked out. Oh well she is ready just in case there is another one down the road. They were Sara's favorite girls names. So I'm sure they won't be forgotten anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I made the Baby Kipling for my niece's new baby. It's a little more fiddly than I normally do, but oh so sweet. You can see it on my Ravelry projects ( TerriLynn ) Little raglan sweaters are quick and easy, too.