Thursday, October 02, 2008

It's starting to feel like fall.


I've been trying to get my pumpkin and candy corn preemie hats finished. I wasn't in the pumpkin hat making mood this year. I think the candy corn ones are just adorable! These were sent out the other day to The Preemie Project for the newly reformed Michigan Chapter. Some lovely ladies have taken on the duty and have been running away with it. Jan was just getting too busy.


Last weekend the boys and I took a hike out at Starved Rock. My ankle was finally feeling "up" to it. Also the trails have finally dried enough to hike and not get covered in mud from the rains and area flooding. We hiked a bluff trail so we were way up high. This is Kyle and Michael at Aurora Canyon bridge. Kyle and I had stopped to pick up promotional materials (work stuff) and the marketing director told us it ws the first time she had seen water in that Canyon in years and if we wanted to see it we better get out there this week. (Main reason we went hiking) Kyle likes to get me up out of my chair.... he has a future in being a personal trainer. He is the big one in the picture. Michael is the youngest of my 5 boys. It was only the three of us.



This is the boys overlooking Sac Canyon. The bridges are at the top of the waterfalls. Thy are looking down at the water. I love that picture of them.


Both boys were fascinated by this fallen tree. It fell onto another tree that is supporting it at this angle. Not shown in this picture is we are up about 200 feet above the ground. We had a great hike even with the mosquitos that were swarming around us. The mosquitos are bad due to the flooding that was below in the lower parts of the park.

We enjoyed our day while dad was away. Dad went to his first Notre Dame footbal game with a good friend. I spent the day with my boys. We finished off our trip to McD's (Michael's choice) and then went to the mall to play Lunar mini golf. Everything was glow in the dark, even the balls!

1 comment:

knitalittle said...

Love the hats they just make me smile. Looks like you had a great time with your hike. Glad to hear your ankle has healed. Fall great time of year!