Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thank you.

Anyone who knows me knows my weekends are at the mercy of the Nascar race for that weekend. My life is pretty much planned around the races. I do have to say that it is better than it used to be but we always watch the race. My good friend found out how devoted a fan my DH was when we came down to visit. He sat patiently for about 2 1/2 hours before the Saturday night race was cancelled until Sunday due to rain. We still had a great visit.

My point of all of this is the Yahoo group, Nascar Knitters accepted me into the group. My DH is saying you need another group ..lol But hey he has turned me into a Nascar fan (Go Denny!!) and I love to knit (especially during the races) so what better group for me to join?!? I'm still a bit confused on how they earn points in this group but I'm sure I will figure it out soon. Looks like fun. Can't wait to get to know everyone.

I'm also going to have to figure out how I can put my name in for a winner of the Pepsi 400. I won't have access to a computer because I will be at the races that entire weekend. ( Help on htat one would be great??) We are finally taking our honeymoon.. almost 3 years later.. but hey better late than not at all!! I will be attending my first Nextel Cup race (I've been told Busch races don't count) and it will be DH first time at Daytona. Yippee..... somewhere he hasn't been before.. that wasn't easy.

I have a bag for that trip currently on the needles. I've taken a break from my preemie knitting to finish up some projects I've wanted to make for me. This bag and some socks. I will post pics asap.

No comments: