Friday, May 18, 2007

I can't fall over.....

My beloved sister in law is coming over today and spending the night. I guess we are the only ones who can drive to and from Dwight in one day and not need to spend the night. We are talking about 43 miles here people... not like we live 4 states away. I shouldn't complain she hasn't been to our house since the Daytona 500 in Feb. 2006. She swears she was here this last feb for that same race, but she wasn't.. Justin's wonderful girlfriend came over and proceeded to piss of my father in law who left with half the race to go.
I'm hoping tonight will be like old times.. sitting at the patio table, sharing some good drinks and conversation and listening to music... maybe a fire to go along with it. This time it's at our house tho.. not hers. We used to hang out in her backyard when Mike and I first met. I'm also glad she is spending the night.. because I know from first hand experience.. it sucks to drive home late at night after having a couple drinks. Not to mention dangerous. I'm going to fix the other breakfast braid so we have food in the morning with out alot of fuss. As Mike and I have to go clean and meet with our insurance agent, and Jen to get her back in the swing of work for the summer. :) All in all it will be a good day despite what the wonderful teenager living in my basement tries to do to mess it up.





I hope to get close to finishing my bag. It's getting there.



My DH said is still looks like a boat not a bag.. but it takes time for knit items to "evolve" sometimes. I think he is just happy I'm finally making something for myself. I was looking through Knitty.com and found this wonderful bag it is called Kitchensink by Faye Whyte. I fell in love with it while searching for the perfect beach bag pattern. I hope to get the smaller bag done in time for our trip to Florida. I was recently bummed to find out you can no longer drive on my favorite beach.... so now we have to drag our crap to the beach.. hence the need for a big beach bag! We are going to spend a good portion of a day at Anastasia State Park , beach in St. Augustine. less than two months! I can't wait! If you would like the pattern you can find it here .

1 comment:

Pennie said...

Love the colors of the bag and can't wait to see a finished picture :)