Thursday, July 12, 2007

We had a fabulous time!




Here we are on the beach. This is Vilano Beach which is in St. Augustine, Florida. I have a huge smile on my face because an hour before this photo was taken, I had lost my glasses in the surf. I prayed really hard and my guardian angel put my glasses into my hand under the water. There were strong wave warnings but after driving for almost 2 days and 1100 miles we went in the water anyway! Mike enjoyed his first birthday on the beach!







We made it!!! Now find a parking spot!

This is for the Jeff Gordon fans in my groups. I'm not a fan of his but I did think it was very cool that he "made an appearance" in the garage area. This was taken on Friday 7/6/07. The afternoon before the Busch race. We paid the extra to get admission into the "Fan Zone". It was worth the $20.00 a ticket. We got to see lots of Drivers and crew. You also are able to see them do the inspections of the cars. Cool to see. Kinda like an upclose parade of the cars and crew.





For the Camp Square Crew Girls - Ricky says THANK YOU!!!
My dear hubby told him about what we are doing for Victory Junction Camp and he thought it was awesome! We only stayed at Speed Channels Nascar Live for a few minutes because we got backstage passes to meet Shooter Jennings who was performing at the same time.





Here is Shooter Jennings. For those of you who don't know he is Waylon Jennings son. We had a great time but were anxious for the race to start. So soon after his concert ended we headed up to our seats.









A view of the mob getting a close look at Juniors car. They were just starting to uncover the cars.



This photo is one of the saddest moments of the entire trip.
Denny right after bonehead Tony wrecked him. Lap 14 and I wanted to cry! Then to see Junior get caught up in that made the blow even worse.






After seeing the crew trucks rolling down the highway- heading the same direction we were... I had my eyes peeled!







I got upset when I took this picture.... the one rest area we didn't stop at and it had 3 haulers. This picture..hard to tell is Kasey Kahne. Reed Sorenson(Target) and Jeff Green (Best Buy). Everyone is headed for Chicagoland Speedway, just 45 miles east of our town. Right down I-80 waiting for the phone to ring, my brother always calls at the last minute with extra tickets. Not sure if I'm up to it this year! After my feet I might just sit on the couch and put them up and watch both races.
These are only a few of the many photos we took on our trip. I'm going to have to put my needles down and get a scrapbook finished to document our trip. We had to wait almost 3 years but our honeymoon was worth the wait!


















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































6 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Mandi, Your cards are beautiful. These are so much nicer than the ones in the stores. I don't have the patience or the talent for cards but you so obviously do!

Lil Knitter said...

Suz, Sorry about that first comment...my auto fill does that EVERY time! OT...I am sooo jealous! Looks like you had an awesome time...wish we all could have gone with you!!

SimplyMe said...

Sue - you just made my day!!! I know you don't love Jeffie, but that pic really made my day...and I've had a cruddy one. Thank you. Looks like you had a great time. I bet it was hard (kinda) to drive home with all the haulers....as in wishing you were up to going again. I still can't believe I moved away from that track 6 weeks before it opened (chicagoland) What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!

suzyknits said...

Glad I could make your day. What happened that it was so bad??

If my brother calls I've decided I will go to the race. Chicagoland is easier to walk around compared to Daytona. That place was HUGE!

SimplyMe said...

Sue - nothing drastic....just trying to get dd2 ready for girl scout camp....and some of the things on the list are a bit painful to try to find. Thanks for asking!

SimplyMe said...

Hey Suz - I was thinking about your son's afghan. I've done a few from graphs in a quasi-tunesian stitch (okay, it's really just sc) I'd be glad to TRY to help. What I've found is that putting it in the center and bordering it, or using it as a centerpoint towards the end works out well. Believe it or not, some of that stuff works up quicker than you'd think!!