Friday, August 03, 2007

My boys are HOME!

Yes, not one but both of my boys are home!! I arranged for the train tickets and got them to arrive within a half hour of each other. For those of you who don't know. My DS1 lives in Bloomington/Normal IL. My DS2 lives outside of Milwaukee WI. so to get the trains that close was just short of a miracle. DS1 called to let me know his train was running about a half hour late, his was due to arrive first so.... I delayed leaving by about 20 mins. I get to the train station in Joliet ( about 45 mins away from home) I see DS2 walk up to the van. I wass shocked as his train was due in after his brothers. He said when he got to Chicago he was able to get on an earlier train so he did. Poor thing - his cell phone was dead and didn't have enough change to call and see where I was. So he waited in the hot sticky evening air. He was very happy to see me and I apologized for not getting there earlier. Minutes later his brother walked up and we headed for home.

I took the afternoon off today and they helped me out at work this morning. So nice to have them around. Love the DSS's but not the same as your own babies. Sometimes hard to believe they are so grown up as I don't feel that old! I did start earlier than some folks I wasn't a baby momma by any means. A week shy of 21 isn't old or too young. Just planning to enjoy them being home as I know this weekend will go by in an instant. They always do!

I will post pics later.

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Enjoy your visit!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I was 35 when my first child was born! I wish I'd been able to do it sooner, like you did. I don't think I'd have been a good Mom at age 21, though. Some kids take longer to grow up! :-) I'm glad you're able to visit with yours!