Monday, November 19, 2007

Some none knitting news.



DH and I raced up to Rosemont to the Allstate arena to see Keith Urban friday night. On the way up we heard who was playing before Keith ... it was Gary Allan. We were excited as we both like his music also.

The concert was AWESOME! It has been over 20 years since I had been to a concert at "Rosemont". I show my age when I call it the Horizon. That was the name back in the day, when I saw bands like the Stones, Bowie and Queen there.

This photo is not from the concert as I didn't know I would've been allowed to take photos! Cameras were everywhere. DH was upset at that sight, as we bought an awesome camera for our Daytona trip. We found out later that a dvd was being filmed. Fingers crossed that it's true.

We also heard Nicole (Kidman, his wife) was backstage so that explained why when we left we hit an area that had heavy security. Frustrating when we had to walk all the way around the place to get to our entrance. Oh well we were inside and it was a fantastic evening. I plan to go again next time he is in the area!

On a knitting note. I finished my rib scarf this weekend. I started a couple of Christmas gifts. Also tonight is my very first knitting class!!! I've never taken a class before so when Pennie called to see if I would like to join her in taking this class I said sure. We are trecking up to Geneva to Wool & Company to take the Felted Clog class. I will tell you tomorrow how it went. I'm excited and can't wait to leave. Gotta finish up some work here then off we go..... :)

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Just doing some blog surfing and found your blog. Wow Keith Urban & Gary Allan. Sounds like a great show with an awesome view!!! LOL